Thursday, October 4, 2012

Print Making


1. Texture is important to have in our sketches because it makes the image so much more interesting. For example, the mane and whisker spots of my lion sketch make it look much more realistic than if I just didn't include them. Also, the texture of the grass in the background really brings the scene to life.
2. It is necessary to have multiple references of each animal and each background so that we can combine different characterisitics of each to make the print specific to us. In my drawing, I combined the view of a standing, white lion with the characteristics of a normal brown lion. Then, I combined a mountaneous background with a saharan background. 
3. When I looked at my sketches, it was very easy to see which one would come out as the best print. I chose the lion because it had the most texture and detail to it. I also chose it because it is fierce, just like me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment