Monday, October 22, 2012

Final Print


1. In this project, I achieved balance by creating an even amount of positive and negative space. Movement can be seen in the mane because of the texture.
2. I added texture to my print by cutting small lines for the mane and other body hair. This took a lot of concentration because I didn't want the indents to be too big, but they needed to be large enough to the point where they would show up. I added contrast by using a dark color paint and a light colored sheet of paper. Texture and contrast were important in this project because with out them, it would be nearly impossible to see the image.
3. I used positive space to show the silohuette of the lion and the sky in the background. The negative space included the grass and the mountains in the background as well as the eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and mane.
4. Overall, the craftsmanship of of my print is pretty good. There are a few spots that weren't cut deep enough, so they got filled with paint and didn't show up in the print. Other than that, it is very easy to tell that my print is a picture of a lion.
5. I was able to achieve depth by putting the lion in the foreground, the grass in the middle ground, and the sky and mountains in the background.
6. Overall, I enjoyed this project. We got to use new tools and got the chance to paint the tabels!!! (but then had to clean it up later) The main obstacle I encountered was making sure the print distributed the paint evenly. For some reason there were a few spots on the print that the paint would not stick to. Other than that, I really enjoyed this project.

3 comments:

  1. I think that your print turned out really well. The positive and negative space balanced out great and the detailing on the lion's mane was painstaking and gorgeous. Your print was awesome, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This print looks really good. You can definatley telll that the print is of a lion. The textures and the lions face look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like your print. the textchure around the lions face is really good. i like how you used postive and negtive space to outline your lion.

    ReplyDelete